Friday, 2 October 2026

JOB APPLICATION LETTER

A job application letter is a formal letter written by a person who is interested in a particular job. It is usually sent along with a resume/CV and introduces the applicant to the employer.

The purpose of a job application letter is to:

  • Introduce yourself to the employer.
  • Mention the position you are applying for.
  • Highlight your relevant qualifications and skills.
  • Show your interest in the organisation.
  • Request an opportunity for an interview.

 

Format of a Job Application Letter

1. Sender's Address: Write your address at the top.

2. Date: Mention the date below the sender's address.

3. Receiver's Address: Write the designation and address of the person/organisation receiving the application.

4. Subject: Clearly mention the position you are applying for.

Example: Subject: Application for the Post of Content Writer

5. Salutation: Use a formal greeting.

Example: Dear Sir/Madam,

6. Opening Paragraph: Mention:

  • The position you are applying for.
  • Where you came across the job vacancy.
  • Your basic qualification.

7. Main Paragraph: Briefly explain:

  • Your educational qualifications.
  • Relevant experience.
  • Skills and strengths.
  • Why you are suitable for the position.

8. Closing Paragraph: Express your interest in an interview and thank the employer.

9. Complimentary Close: Use:

Yours sincerely,
Yours faithfully,

10. Signature and Name: Write your name below the closing.

 

Sample Job Application Letter

From:
Rahul Sharma
24, Green Park Road
Mumbai – 400050

2 October 2026

To,
The HR Manager
Creative Media Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Mumbai – 400001

Subject: Application for the Post of Content Writer

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to apply for the post of Content Writer in your organisation, as advertised on your company website. I have recently completed my Bachelor's degree in Mass Media and Communication and am keen to begin my career in the field of content creation and digital media.

During my course, I developed skills in writing, editing, research and social media content creation. I have also worked on academic projects involving digital content and have experience in creating articles, captions and promotional content. I am creative, willing to learn and comfortable working as part of a team.

I believe that my communication skills, creativity and interest in digital media would enable me to contribute effectively to your organisation. I would be grateful for an opportunity to appear for an interview and discuss my suitability for the position.

I have enclosed my resume for your consideration. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Rahul Sharma

 

One important tip: A job application letter should not repeat the entire resume. It should briefly highlight the most relevant qualifications, skills and experience that make you suitable for the particular job.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment